English Hypnobirthing course in Holland
Do you want to attend an English Hypnobirthing pregnancy class in the Netherlands? Here in this country with a long tradition of home birthing? Since the hypnobirthing method being used is from Great Britain, all the antenatal childbirth course material is available in English.
Taught by Marise Bout, accredited KG Hypnobirthing Teacher, Holistic therapist mom care and Human Geographer with an international scope and family.
A calm birth in the Netherlands
If there was one thing I was always sure about in life, it was that my feminine body was made to give birth. When I finally birthed my baby, it was an important milestone of matrescence to me. Also your body is designed for this special event. Giving birth is the ultimate female and maybe even a magical experience. However, tensions, thoughts about birth and a busy mind can get in the way of this natural process, making birth more painful and difficult. Hypnobirthing helps you support the natural birthing process by lowering fears and tensions and allowing you to rely on your own body, mind and intuition. Very useful when you are giving birth in a foreign environment.
Training peace and confidence
In this complete, profound and friendly pregnancy course, I am giving you all the tools and knowledge you need for the best possible natural childbirth for you, your partner and your baby. By attending the hypnobirthing pregnancy course and doing the exercises at home, you and your partner are preparing for a serene, comfortable bearing. The course invites you as a mother to release fear, increase confidence and calm and learn to trust your body, your instinct, and your baby. The benefits to you are obvious, but the long term benefits to your baby cannot be over-estimated. You will learn all about the 6 c’s of hypnobirthing:
- 12 hours Hypnobirthing class & birth preparation with accredited KGH teacher & holistic therapist Marise Bout
- The Hypnobirthing Book by British bestselling author Katharine Graves. Intro by Michel Odent (e-book for virtual sessions).
- The KG Hypnobirthing Colour and Calmness relaxation MP3s
- A course folder for parents, full of information and scripts (translations are available in French, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch and German). E-book for virtual sessions.
- Pregnancy and birth resource sheets, for example about induction of labour, breech babies and home birthing.
- Personal holistic inspiration & info Dutch birth care from the teacher
- Breathing and visualisation techniques
- Positive birth affirmations and scripts
- Light touch and massage techniques
- The use of positive anchors
- Information about the birth process, so you know what to expect
- The role of your birth partner, so he or she can fully support you
Birth information in the Netherlands
- Your pregnant body and for what it is specially designed for
- Dutch birth care and possible interventions
- Benefits and risks of interventions so you can make an informed choice
Corona & Course information
- Group course – meet like-minded parents in an interactive, relaxed setting with Marise. Currently online with Marise as a live teacher. Check the agenda for the dates.
- Private course – 1-to-1personal hypnobirthing course, from 3rd March live in Utrecht! Contact me for more info.
Currently I give virtual classes due to the lockdown. The price is therefore half price €164 instead of €327.
Book now €164
Can birth be empowering?
What are the advantages of hypnobirthing for mother and baby?
- Contributes to a calmer, more comfortable birthing experience, sometimes pain-free
- Your baby comes into the world in a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to attach, just as nature intended.
- KG Hypnobirthing births are often shorter
- Usually less medication & interventions such as a caesarean section or vacuum pump, which allows your baby to develop naturally and easily after birth.
- Mothers often recover faster after childbirth because the physical impact of the birth is lower
- Your birth partner learns to support you and take an active role at birth. A valuable experience that you share together.
What are the postnatal advantages of hypnobirthing?
The advantages of the hypnobirthing techniques support you not only during the birth process, but also afterwards. As new parents you can continue to use the learned techniques for general relaxation and rest. A positive birth experience also contributes to better bonding between parents and child, more energy and vitality after birth and the start of breastfeeding.
What is the best moment to start a hypnobirthing course?
You can start your English hypnobirthing course at any time during pregnancy.
With what kind of births can I use hypnobirthing?
Home births such as water births and births in a maternity clinic or hospital (or the back seat of the taxi). With hypnobirthing you prepare yourself for every situation and environment, whatever happens. Good to know the Netherlands is a country with a long history of home birthing. Giving birth in Holland usually starts at home. This hypnobirthing course will provide you with in-depth information about the Dutch birth care & health care system in general.
Why are you always teaching the hypnobirthing course in several sessions (2 long or 4 shorter ones)?
Training your body-mind connection corresponds to training a muscle. If you’re only reading theory, you haven’t trained your body-mind muscle yet. That’s why the Hypnobirthing course at Natural Waves consists of the full 12 hours of the KG Hypnobirthing method and practice at home. With a teacher who offers support after practicing.
Is the English hypnobirthing course reimbursable by the health insurance?
The English hypnobirthing pregnancy course at Natural Waves is in many cases (partially) reimbursable by the health insurance. If you are additionally insured for pregnancy and birth care, there are options at VGZ, CZ, Achmea, Zilveren Kruis, Avéro, FBTO & De Friesland insurances, but please contact your health insurance for your personal situation. KGH-accredited teacher Marise Bout is affiliated with the professional cooperation for ChildBirth Educators (BCE). BCE stands for high quality prenatal education and counselling. Teachers with the BCE quality mark have a first class educational background and keep their knowledge constantly up to date, based on the vision: “realistic information from a positive approach, aimed at trust in the birth process and with control of the pregnant woman and her partner”.
Can I also do a private or single course hypnobirthing?
What is the difference between Hypnobirthing and pregnancy yoga?
With hypnobirthing you get exercises for your body as well as breathing and visualisation techniques. But the toolbox of KG Hypnobirthing contains even more, namely positive birth confirmations and scripts, touch and massage techniques, the use of positive anchors, information about the birth process, so you know what to expect and interpretation of the role of your birth partner, so that he or she can fully support you. In addition, you will learn more about your pregnant body and what it is specially designed for, birth care and possible interventions, and the benefits and risks of interventions so that you can make informed choices. It is a complete training programme for body and mind to prepare you for the best possible birth for you and your baby.
Pregnancy yoga prepares you physically for delivery. You learn breathing techniques and postures to prepare for birth.
What are the possibilities for natural support in case of pregnancy complaints?
Many pregnant women experience pregnancy ailments such as edema (fluid retention), nausea, insomnia, tension retention & respiratory problems. For natural support of these pregnancy problems you can contact Natural Waves Body Mind Center. Holistic forms of work such as foot reflexology, moxibustion (moxa) & breathing therapy will alleviate your symptoms. Also in breech position the baby can be stimulated to turn around with moxa. There’s also therapeutic pregnancy massage available. Did you know in India a woman receives an oil massage every day every 40 days after giving birth?
What is the difference between the different hypnobirthing methods?
The British hypnotherapist Katharine Graves has developed her own extensive method which is taught worldwide. The course is continuously developing to stay up-to-date, nourished by an international community of birth workers with knowledge and skills. There is also extra support for different types of pregnancies, such as breech presentation, twins, etc. In Great Britain, KG Hypnobirthing is the only method recognised by the British professional association of midwives. It is called the Royal College of Midwives. Read more and video >>